Booking Through Thursday: Snow Day
This week’s Booking Through Thursday asks:
For most of the east coast, at least, it’s a wintry, snowy day today, so … How do you like to spend your snow days? Feel free to gloss over the obligatory parts like shoveling unless you LIKE it. We’re talking ideal, best way to spend a snow day kind of thoughts, here.
For those of you who live in places where snow days simply don’t happen? Feel free to substitute “snow” with “rain” and think about the kind of days when you just want to cuddle up inside where it’s warm and dry.
When I first looked out my window this morning, I was amazed at how thickly the snow was coming down. I got the notice last night that classes were canceled for the day, so I am planning to have a day where I do not put on shoes or venture out at all.
The best way to spend a snow day includes wearing comfy clothes, drinking tea or coffee, reading things, and possibly catching up on Sherlock.
My plans for today come reasonably close to the ideal.
- Do reading for classes. UX reading looks decently straightforward. We’ve got another book on deck for Digital Curation, so it’d be good to get a jump on that.
- Watch Sherlock.
- Figure out what website to use for UX Cognitive Walkthrough tests- it needs to be decently familiar website that anyone could click through and use to do a task. A bunch of websites are Right Out, though, because they require either creating a login, or logging in with some form of social media account. Must ponder.
- Edit Wikipedia entries about jazz and/or computer science.
- Drink lots of tea. In a fit of devotion to my local coffee shop, I got rid of my own coffee pot. Experiencing some regret of that decision at the moment. May have a one-cup machine lingering in the back of a cabinet somewhere… That would be good!
- Edit a thing I’ve been needing to edit since before the semester started, but then the semester started and… yeah.
- Laundry. Hopefully, the entire rest of my building is not having the same idea.
A cozy day of reading, albeit some of it dutiful and scholastic, television (does book-related television get extra points?)
Hope everyone else on the East Coast is cozy, safe and warm, and has room to enjoy a reading day!