- Bachelor’s Degree from Vassar College.
- Ten years experience as a freelance journalist, including 3 years writing book reviews for the Star-Ledger.
- Two years experience as a social media strategist and content manager for websites and brands.
- Entrepreneurial experience, including brand development and client relations.
- Versatile writing skills on deadline.
- Varied writing experience, including web content, press releases and features journalism.
- Clear and diplomatic communication skills, both written and oral.
- Creative and driven problem-solving.
Interpersonal and Teamwork Skills
- Work well with a diverse group of people.
- Honest, friendly, excellent communication skills.
- Work well in both independent and collaborative environment.
- Leadership roles in social media campaigns, editing projects, and the client and personnel needs of a busy midtown gym.
- Well-developed skills with WordPress and TypePad blogging platforms, and HTML.
- Can design and maintain social media campaigns, tailoring Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to client needs.
- Basic photo editing and web layout.
- Able to learn new software applications with ease.
Pratt Institute, New York, New York
- Masters in Library and Information Science
- Expected Graduation Date: May, 2015
Vassar College Poughkeepsie, New York
B.A. In Anthropology 2000
- As a student, ran a 6-week mini-course in ergonomics for students and faculty.
- Concentrated on cultural anthropology, with additional coursework in English and Sociology.
WRITING/ EDITING/ SOCIAL MEDIA
AMACOM Books New York, N.Y.
- Assisting with social media campaigns for upcoming titles.
- Broadening AMACOM’s brand outreach through social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Administrative duties such as mailings, database updates and supply orders.
Newark Star-Ledger Newark, N.J.
Freelance Writer 2000 to Present
- Writing for book review, parenting, op ed, and food sections.
- An article about the Obamas’ puppy and responsible pet ownership was picked up and republished by Staten Island Advance, the Star-Ledger’s sister publication.
WouldYouRockThis.com/PinkyShears.com New York, N.Y.
Editor 2009 to 2011
- Working with site founder to establish and promote brand identity.
- Won $5000 prize in 2010 PowerUp! Competition for Small Businesses.
Perceptive Pixel New York, N.Y.
Technical Writer October-December 2010
- Updated and edited existing installation guide and software manual.
- Drafted documentation for proprietary software’s new features.
- Drafted a style guide to allow for consistency across all manuals and corporate communication.
Women’s Voices For Change New York, N.Y.
Contributing Editor and Social Media Strategist 2008 to 2010
- Sourced site content and supplementary media, and followed up with blog comments and links.
- Conducted and wrote interviews with authors and covered live events.
- Promoted blog content across social media sites and mirrors, such as Twitter and Facebook, including link placement on high-traffic blogs.
- Assisted in server migration between MoveableType and WordPress, and addressed resultant formatting issues.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
FirstChoice Staffing New York, N.Y.
Temporary Administrative Staff
New York Sports Club New York, N.Y.
Personal Trainer and Manager on Duty
2000 to 2010
Dr. Anthony Aurigemma M.D. New York, N.Y.