Happy Haulidays from Chronicle Books
One lucky winner will be chosen to win his or her wish list and that blogger will also get to nominate a charity to win $500 worth of books!
My favorite bookish charity? Well, that’s pretty obvious: the New York Public Library. Although I have a soft spot for the Ottendorfer Branch, I would say that I’d like the entire NYPL to win, in the lovely event that I win.
Although, I kind of wish the first prize were bookshelves. I could really, really use more bookshelves.
Perusing the site, what I see are interesting books I’ve never heard of before, or books I never knew I wanted. So, we shall see!
My list is behind the cut
Here is my list:
- Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors– Eric Casselmon and Janet Fletcher. $40
- Between the Bridge and the River– Craig Ferguson. Yes, that Craig Ferguson. Why not? $13.95
- Rustica: A Return to Spanish Home Cooking. Frank Camorra and Richard Cornish. $35.00
- Money: Everything You Never Knew About Your Favorite Thing to Save, Spend and Covet– Sandra and Harry Choron. $18.95. Because I am helpless around quirky nonfiction!
- Sharpshooter– Nadia Gordon. Mystery set at a Napa Valley Winery. $11.95
- I Me Mine– George Harrison $16.95
- Foodie Fight Rematch. Joyce Lock. $22.95 A trivia game for foodies. Lisa would beat me at this.
- Fast, Fresh and Green– Susie Middleton. Interesting veggie recipes. $24.95
- Martin Yan’s Quick and Easy– Martin Yan. $24.95. Easy Chinese food? I’m intrigued.
- See’s Famous Old Time Candies– Margaret Moos Pick. $14.95 A story of a candy company on the West Coast. I have fond memories of getting those lollipops before the movies.
- This is NPR– By Cokie Roberts,, Susan Stamberg,, Noah Adams,, John Ydstie,, Renee Montagne,, Ari Shapiro,,and David Folkenflik. Actually, 2 copies of this, because I could see giving one to my parents and one to ChrisL. so 2 x $29.95
- Icthyo, the Architecture of Fish– Introduction by Stephanie Comer,and Deborah Klochko,Essays by Dr. Daniel Pauly,and Jean-Michel Cousteau,and Dr. Lynne R. Parenti. $35.00 Present for my Mom. And then she would throw it at me. I would be okay with this.
- E-Mergency! by Tom Lichtenfield and Ezra Fields-Meyer.$16.99 A picture book about the perils of the letter E. Makes me giggle.
- Moleskine Appointment book 2012. $18.95 Cause I need one.
- And since we’re stocking up on Moleskine notebooks… a 3 pack for $18.95
- How I Stole Johnny Depp’s Alien Girlfriend– Gary Ghislain. $16.99. Because how could I not?
- The Fashion Sketchpad– Tamar Daniel. x 2 at $18.95 because WouldYouRockThis could use them as prizes for fashion drawing sessions and such.
- Prisoners in the Palace– Michaela MacColl. YA about Queen Victoria as a young girl. $16.99
- This is My Best: Great writers share their favorite work. $16.95
- Winenerd– Tamara Leigh Murphy $35.00 A wine-tasting trivia game. Happy birthday, Lisa!
- A Time to Run- Barbara Boxer and Mary-Rose Hayes. Because I am curious what sort of novel Barbara Boxer would write. $14.95
Comes to 488.22!
If you do make a list, leave me a comment with the link so I can go check it out.